gerontophobia

10:13 PM

when i was little i was scared of going up the stairs because i always thought someone was chasing me

i thought the world was my palace and i was the princess

i was happy

i had the whole world ahead of me 

and we still do

but guys...


we have 8 months

6 days

5 hours

3 minutes

and 30 seconds


until our childhood comes to a real conclusion

we have 8 months

8 months of AP tests 

and english tests 

and life tests... 

but I'm sorry to tell you 

those ones don't end here.

6 days 
6 days to decide who, where, what we want to be after our adolescence comes to an end

5 hours left of dress up games, and football games and hard to get games

i always hated that game anyways


3 minutes
3 minutes to get to school on time or else attendance school here we come

this is it

30 seconds 
30 freaking seconds

graduation is here

and so is adulthood

love you mom, see you at christmas

and the rest of you 

i'll miss you guys

but this is our time 

8 months, 6 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes...

2 minutes..

to make our mark

to make it deep

to fall in love with ourselves before anyone else does





You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. just discovered your blog, and I'm happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really, REALLY good.

    let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also your blog is literally my favorite blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last line. Ahhhhh

    Also, hard to get games

    I felt this. All my fears in one post but I felt it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got chills when reading this soooo so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feel this post. it just fits like your favorite sweater or breakfast cereal and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel a little depressed now but wow this is beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my heart feels this and it makes something happen to it


    something beautiful i think

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much! You're incredible

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your format (I've seen it before in some variation, but you killed it).

    Your last line (holy crap, I read it three times).

    But more than anything else (and I don't know why, exactly)

    "love you mom, see you at christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Embrace it because it'll fly by. You're killing this writing thing ps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Basically everything Nelson said but it was so good that I just needed you to know that I also loved it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agreeing with everyone but also just wanted to let you know that life only gets better from here, though it may be terrifying, it's so worth it. Also keep up the amazing writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post, even though I'm graduated and gone, still hits home. So thank you. #RTNelson

    ReplyDelete
  15. your last line
    is the most beautiful thing.
    the most important.
    i think im missing that.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe