wildflower kind of love

6:25 PM

i will think of you when the sky is gray
and i will kiss you like the rain did our skin that day

you will hold my hand like forgiveness
and hug me like hope

our broken promises will fit together like a work of art
and together, we will make something beautiful

we will press our skin together like flowers between pages
and you will tell me how your favorite song reminds you of your father

we will walk through fields of wildflowers
and you will pick one for me
i will get mad and tell you that this flower will now die

this flower,
once beautiful,
will die

and us,
once beautiful,
with it



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. "i will think of you when the sky is gray
    and i will kiss you like the rain did our skin that day"

    the rhyme mmm

    you're my favorite writer and favorite blog to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you will hold my hand like forgiveness and hug me like hope." Beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy shiz this ..

    wishing i could comment like eva peron rn because i don't have many words for this other than its great

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This flower, once beautiful, will die."

    I love this, it's just a better way of saying all good things come to an end. Solid

    ReplyDelete
  5. you will hold my hand like forgiveness
    and hug me like hope

    wowowow and the ending and the part about pressing flowers just wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of it.
    all of this.
    and your blog right now.

    every line just hit me like woah.
    feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe