home has a heartbeat

5:14 PM

for the first time in my life
home
is a person

home has a heartbeat

and we kiss in the backseat

in his white car

and I feel

complete

we met on march 15th

at his grandmas house in Utah

both nervous and shaking
we side hugged
and my heart was his for the taking

I didn't admit it for months

but I fell for him in front
of his grandmas house in st George

he was tall and really funny
and made me laugh so hard it hurt my tummy

we drove to las vegas
and listened to frank Sinatra by the fountains

we told Tiffany we were engaged
and the butterflies in my stomach were uncaged

we hiked in the red rock
and watched his favorite movie

and a year and a half later
I still think about the day
surrounded by red rock
that home
turned into a boy with blue eyes, curly hair
and a heartbeat








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe