a letter to you

5:29 PM

The day bleeds into night 
And it makes me so sad

To think that we weren’t right 

we were young lovers
with old souls

and although everything around us was falling apart
we still had each other

and I told myself that I wouldn't fall in love with you
I wasn't ready
but it was 2 am
and we were in my bed
and I felt happy for the first time in months

I finally believed in love again,
because I was in it

so this is a letter to you,
I don't think you'll see this, but here goes nothing

thank you
for helping me not only believe in love again,
but in myself

a part of me will love you for the rest of my life
and I understand that things happen
and we can't keep all the promises we make

but if you take anything away from this relationship, 
know this

you are sunshine
and flowers
and gold

you are happiness 
you are joy
you are kindness 
and caring
you are generous 
and thoughtful
and strong
you are driven 
and passionate
and you are loved

you are all things good in this world
and I love you

love,
Lauren


be my mistake: the 1975
grow as we go: ben platt






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe