dead in the dead of winter

7:25 PM

for months now i've been watching the seasons change

and I'm having a hard time knowing we're going to do the same 

these trees are filled with memories 
and the mountains, first kisses 

so let us sit together in a bed of flowers
let the rain baptize our skin

lets pick the petals off of the peonies

and count the stars when night time consumes us

he loves me
he loves me not
he loves me

he loves me not

the snow is starting to fall
i caught a snowflake on my tongue
but it melted so fast 
so fast, and it's gone

the seasons are changing,
i can't seem to keep up
high school love fell with the fall and winter just ended 

the snowflakes are melting but I'm still cold

the flowers are just starting to blossom
but it feels like its been spring forever

i look back now on the seasons
and ours is almost through

so lets sit together in a field of peonies and learn to love ourselves before anyone else

lets sit together, until august,
when we change with the leaves

he loves me
he loves me not
he loves me

he loves me not
and my flower, it died with him

the flower is dead
the winter is dead
and so am i 









You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. "the snow is starting to fall
    i caught a snowflake on my tongue
    but it melted so fast
    so fast, and it's gone"

    will you send me your poems when I'm gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I don't know what to say. This was beautiful, my darlin. I could picture you reading this and I heard your voice which was kinda cool. Agh the snowflake melting and baptizing and he loves me not and THIS POEM IS STRAIGHT UP GOOD yes girl yes you go, Mabel q.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "so lets sit together in a field of peonies and learn to love ourselves before anyone else"
    your writing is unbelievably beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to give yourself more credit, your writing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find a line to quote because the whole poem is just so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RT

      So beautiful and so important.
      Seasons and feeling cold when you shouldn't.
      You are one of the greats.

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe