17- youth lagoon

5:27 PM

when i was 11 i threw a brick at my school bus window

the window shattered
my mom shouted
and my dad almost shot me

yet the only thing i vividly remember is how proud i was that i could throw a brick that far

now the 17 year old me is nothing like the 11 year old me

and i do miss the 11 year old me

but 17

17 isn't 16

it's not new licenses and first dates

and it isn't 18

moving out
college
real responsibilities 

its 17
and all of the best songs are about 17

so lets sing
and lets dance
and lets pretend we know what love is
and lets pretend we love each other
and lets pretend we're happy

because its 17

and i have lived my whole life to get here






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Seventeen is so much better than eighteen

    (and youth lagoon is in my top 3 bands for sure)

    just remember to do all those illegal things now when the consequences aren't nearly as bad as when you're eighteen. That is... if you get caught ;)

    Also... Shattered, shouted, shot. I didn't miss that alliteration and I appreciate it. *thumbs up*

    Great stuff! Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY THIS IS GOOD i wish i was better at saying it but
    YES GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17

    Let's pretend we love each other

    It's not all perfect and you captured that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really just nailed the age right there

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe