dynamic hearts

8:08 PM

the day you left i felt a pain in my chest 

and i couldn't tell if it was my heart 

or my lungs 

because i couldn't quite catch my breath

and my heart stopped beating for a minute

thump thump
thump thump

*silence*

its been 181 days and my heart still hasn't fully recovered, which is normal people say

but when you finally find someone you think could take away the pain 
and you find out they like someone else

it happens again

thump thump
thump thump

*silence*

and i know our hearts never beat in sync but i thought maybe they could try

and i didn't actually love him, i just loved the thought of him, i still loved the other him i just wanted that him to take me back and while i was waiting for him to take me back i wanted this him to love me 

thump thump
thump thump 

*silence*

so this is me, telling you, my heart, to take a break

fall a little slower
care a little less
and maybe don't put yourself on my sleeve

because the blood from you is staining my shirt and my mom can't seem to get it out in the wash

and maybe, one day, our heart beats will make a song together 

but for now, ill stick to the radio

thump thump
thump thump

thump thump 
thump thump

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. and i know our hearts never beat in sync but i thought maybe they could try

    #stolen

    everything about this post is so beautiful and i felt this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the rhythm the thump thumps gave it. It flowed so fluidly (if that makes sense) and I don't know I'm just really happy I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "so this is me, telling you, my heart, to take a break

    fall a little slower
    care a little less
    and maybe don't put yourself on my sleeve

    because the blood from you is staining my shirt and my mom can't seem to get it out in the wash"

    #stolenstolenstolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "and i didn't actually love him, i just loved the thought of him, i still loved the other him i just wanted that him to take me back and while i was waiting for him to take me back i wanted this him to love me"

    i got so lost in all the "hims" but it all made so much sense and just everything about this is beautiful and i think there are tears. salt water coming out of my eyes I'm pretty sure.

    you're incredibly gifted

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the ending. loved the rhythm. you have incredible words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "because the blood from you is staining my shirt and my mom can't seem to get it out in the wash"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good writing excites me...color me excited. You're so damn good.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe