another day to be grateful, another day to love

8:35 PM

this thanksgiving I'm grateful for a lot of things,

im grateful for long drives and short days
and short poems and long friendships

im grateful for sunsets and sunrises
and skies when they're pink

im grateful for writing and reading
and my heart that hasn't stopped beating

im grateful for rain

rain in the summer
rain in the fall

im grateful for fall
and leaves and people who don't leave

im grateful for you
and you
and you
and her
and him

im grateful for today because it makes me realize i have so much to be grateful for and tomorrow is just another day but I'm grateful i have another day

another day to love and be loved and show love

another day
another day
another day

but not everyone has another day

so show love and give love because tomorrow their love might be coming from heaven

so Beatrice, this ones for you

im grateful for you
and i love you

















You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm grateful for long drives and short day
    And short poems and long friendships

    Oy! I love it!! Too good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's Beatrice?

    This post is awesome.

    "and leaves and people who don't leave" #stolen

    and double yes to short poems.

    "tomorrow is just another day"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beatrice is my grandma hahaha (should've put that in there somehow my bad haha)

      Delete
    2. No, sometimes it's better when you don't explain things.

      Delete
  3. "im grateful for long drives and short days
    and short poems and long friendships"

    "im grateful for today because it makes me realize i have so much to be grateful for and tomorrow is just another day but I'm grateful i have another day"

    these both got me. this post got me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way this flows and the rhythm that's not easily found but always in your writing...
    Such a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe